- Ph.D. Program (Doctor of Philosophy) in Economy
- Ph.D. Program (Doctor of Philosophy) in Law
- Ph.D. Program (Doctor of Philosophy) in Sciences
About the AKBS Post-Graduate Institute
Developed with our different academic partners, the fundamental goals of the program are to develop the future leaders well equipped with the aptitudes required for granting education to business college students and to develop brilliant youthful academics with examining abilities to conduct look into contemporary issues in business management.
The goal is to conduct the Post-Graduate Institute as one of the excellent innovative technology centres of higher education to meet the changing needs of human resources in the world, region and at global level.
The degree offers are doctoral and post doctoral research.
On successful completion of the Program, the students will be awarded with their degree in their respective fields approved by the Insitute.
In Case of International Program, the concerned university will award the degree.
The doctoral programs has 4 phases: Doctoral Coursework, Qualifying Assessment, Planning of Exploration Proposition and Final Dissertation.
There are two options: Full-Time and Part-Time doctorate.
The Programme of the Institute comprises of:
Duration for doctoral studies:
- Maximum 3 Year Period – up to 8 years.
- Total 54 Credits.
Parts of the Program:
- The Doctoral Coursework ensures the students pick up the necessary functional skills to carry out Doctoral Thesis Research through online seminars, online courses and distance research projects.
- The Qualifying Assessment is the end of the coursework, where is tested the student’s knowledge of the different areas and their ability to develop professional scientific research in the field. At this stage, students made their dissertation proposal under the guidance of a Doctoral Advisory Committee.
- The Planning of Exploration Proposition consists in the exchange of research with a foreign University (that can be one of our partner institutions).
- The Final Dissertation is the doctoral thesis that has to be defended after the finishing of the past three modules.
The doctoral programs train the candidate to an extent where they can be assured of success in any organization – whether academic or corporate.
*Optionally, the exchange can be in the foreign country to make a dual degree of face-to-face and online education under the Visiting Scholar Program on a self-supported basis.
Al-Khalifa Business School has been accredited by City University and Sastra Angkor University to run all the programs established and accredited by both Universities, including doctoral programs.
City University is accredited by the Royal Government of Cambodia as specified in Sub-Decree No. 37ANK.BK
Sastra Angkor University is an Officially fully recognized and licensed as an education university by the Royal Government of Cambodia License No. 1496 SCN. Also is registered for accreditation under the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training and Ministry of Interior, Royal Government of Cambodia on September 18th, 2013.
The programs that Al-Khalifa Business School will run according to this accreditation are doctoral programs in Economy, Law, Sciences, Literature and Business Administration.
The main objectives of the program are to develop professionals well equipped with the skills required for imparting education to business school students and to develop bright young academics with research skills to conduct research in contemporary issues in the different fields of education.
Apply to the programs
To apply for becoming a doctoral candidate it is needed to follow some requirements:
The candidates seeking admission to the doctoral programs offered by AKBS have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the intention to become a candidate.
The admission to any doctoral program requires a completion of bachelor degree and master degree from any recognized University/ Institution duly recognized.
The candidates who are shortlisted based on their certifications are called for the selection process at AKBS Online System. The final selection is based on an aptitude test in Research methods, micro-presentation and Technical Interview.
Commencement of Classes:
Open all year
Doctoral students have to pay 1000 GBP towards admission fee (non-refundable). The fee for the doctoral program is 750 GBP per module program.
For any clarification on program, eligibility, admission, the candidates may reach us on the