About the Fellowship Appointment
Fellow of Al-Khalifa Business School is an honorary appointment given to distinguish personalities from arts, governmental affairs, science and business.
This title confers an honorary affiliation to AKBS for the advancement of educational bridges between cultures.
Each candidate is considered on their merits and can be proposed from any sector of the different communities related to Business and Culture.
Fellows are elected for life on the basis of excellence in their category.
Up to 20 members are elected each year during the meetings of the Committee by voting with 80% of the accepting votes by voting of existing fellows with ratification by the AKBS Advisory Board.
In order to be nominated and subsequently selected, it is required that candidates for election must have made “a substantial contribution to the improvement of education within their respective fields.”
Each candidate for Fellowship is nominated by two Fellows (a proposer and a seconder) or directly by the Chairman of AKBS, who made formally the proposal during the Committee Meetings.
There is no limit on the number of nominations made each year.
New Fellows are admitted with their formal written consent after receiving the appointment letter and citing the promise of endeavor to promote the good of Al-Khalifa Business School for improving culture, education and knowledge.
The certificate of appointment is issued and signed since the Office of the Chairman with the date of the election.
In the case of any type of conduct that is contrary to the good principles of the organization, as well as any conduct that implies an offense against such values will imply the dismissal as a Fellow of AKBS and the filing of the dismissal, in order to prevent any official relationship, illegitimate use of title or subsequent elections for any other formal or honorary position in Al-Khalifa Business School or any of its universities or partner institutions.
- H.H. Mahmoud Salah Al Din Assaf – Head of Assaf Foundation.
- H.E. Prof. Sir Manuel Freire-Garabal y Núñez HOKC, LLB, MBA, PhDH, FRAS, FRSA, FRAI, MRSAI – Founder and Chairman of AKBS.
- H.M. Togbe Osei III – Ruler of Godenu.
- H.E. Sheikh Ahmed El Haiba – Chairman of Investment Gate.
- H.E. Lansana Kouyaté – Former Prime Minister at Guinea and Former Vice-President at United Nations ECOSOC.
- H.E. Prof. Sir Igor Olegovich Eleferenko Ph.D. – Russian Federation Counsellor of State and Advisor of the President in the Minister of Culture.
- H.E. Sir Luis Suárez Hernández Ph.D.H. – President Suárez Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Sayed Hadi Al Alawi – Chairman Al Hayat Group.
- Prof. Sir Anthony Ritossa HonDBA, FRSA – Chairman of the Ritossa Family Office.
- Sir Sergey Pecheliev – Vice-Rector at MGIMO University.
- Massimo Falcioni – CEO Etihad Credit Insurance.
- Mohamed Al Ali – CEO Sheikh Ahmed Al Maktoum International Enterprises.
- Hari Eppanapally Ph.D. – Vice-President The Bank of New York Mellon.
- Afaf Konja – Former Spokesperson United Nations General Assembly.
- Jagannath Patnaik Ph.D. – Vice-Chancellor ICFAI University.
- Brian Patrick Luining – CEO at MorlandBlack.
- Reza Radmand DMD, FAAOM – Research Collaborator at Harvard School of Medicine.
- Ali G. Asiri – General Manager at Directorates Merging Project of National Water Company of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Selection in process
- Dr. Achyuta Samanta – Founder KIIT Group of Institutions and Member of the Indian Parliament (India).
- Chef Alan Coxon – British Ambassador for Food appointed by UK Prime Minister. BBC TV Presenter and Member of the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts (United Kingdom).
- Sayed Hadi Al Alawi – Chairman of Al Hayat Group (Kingdom of Bahrain).
- Meshari Al-Khaled – Managing Director of S&P Global Ratings in Saudi Arabia (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
- Naeem Aslam – Forbes and CNBC Contributor (United Kingdom).
- Massimo Falcioni – CEO of Etihad Credit Insurance (United Arab Emirates).
- Adam Hartung – Former Forbes Nº1 Leadership Contributor (United States of America).
- Arran Stewart – Founder of job.com and NASDAQ Contributor (United Kingdom).
- H.R.M. Muedzul Lail Tan Kiram – Sultan of Sulu and North Borneo.
- H.R.H. Prince Ebrahim-Farim Batelling Batelling Mansa Kunda – Patron of Prince Ebrahim Foundation (Gambia).
- H.E. Mohamed Elsamani Elwasila Ph.D. – Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Former Minister of State of Sudan (Sudan).
- Dame Sheila Barry Driscoll – Founder of the Billionaire Foundation (United States of America).
- Col. Vicente Reig Basset – Colonel in Chief of the Spanish Civil Guard at the Canary Islands (Spain).
- Suman – Academy Award Winner 2019 “Period. End of Sentence” (India).
- Amb. Cheick Keita – Former BBVA Bank Director for Africa. President of Open Business Africa (France).
- Amb. Keith Kirkwood – U.S. Diplomat. Chairman of Gift Global Initiative (United States of America).
- Amb. Manna Dabholkar – Human Rights Commissioner on Sybil Brand Commission of Los Angeles (United States of America).
- Brig. General Amb. Wallace W. Williams Ph.D.H. – Commander-In-Chief at the National Interschool Brigade of Jamaica. Honorary Consul of Antigua and Barbuda and Trinidad and Tobago (Nigeria).
- Joana Gyan – 50 African Women Entrepreneurs of Pleasures (Ghana).